Hematology & Oncology
Welcome to little stars & she, a leading destination for Paediatrics Haematology and Oncology. At our state-of-the-art hospital, we prioritise the health and well-being of your little ones, providing exceptional care and advanced treatments for a wide range of conditions.
At little stars & she, our dedicated team of paediatric haematologists specialises in diagnosing and treating disorders of the blood and related organs in children. We understand the unique needs of young patients and strive to provide compassionate care in a child-friendly environment.
Conditions We Treat:
- Haemophilia and Other Bleeding Disorders:
We have extensive expertise in managing haemophilia and other bleeding disorders in children. Our team works closely with patients and their families to develop tailored treatment strategies that address the specific needs of each child, ensuring optimal care and quality of life.
- Thrombosis and Anticoagulation:
Children who experience thromboses (blood clots) require specialised care. Our paediatric haematologists are skilled in diagnosing and managing thrombotic conditions in young patients. We provide comprehensive anticoagulation therapies and ongoing monitoring to ensure effective treatment and prevent complications.
- Haemoglobinopathies such as Thalassaemia and Sickle Cell Disease:
Thalassaemia and sickle cell disease are complex genetic conditions affecting the production and structure of haemoglobin. Our dedicated team offers comprehensive care for children with these conditions, including regular monitoring, blood transfusions, iron chelation therapy, and genetic counselling.
- Haemolytic Anaemia:
We provide specialised care for children with haemolytic anaemia, a condition characterised by the premature destruction of red blood cells. Our team focuses on identifying the underlying cause and developing targeted treatment plans to manage symptoms and improve overall well-being.
- Immune Thrombocytopenia:
Children with immune thrombocytopenia experience low platelet counts, which can lead to increased bleeding. Our experts are experienced in diagnosing and managing this condition, employing various treatment modalities to restore platelet levels and minimise the risk of bleeding.
Neutropenia refers to a low level of neutrophils, a type of white blood cell crucial for fighting infections. Our team specialises in diagnosing and managing neutropenia in children, implementing appropriate treatment strategies to enhance the immune system and reduce the risk of infections.
- Bone Marrow Failure:
Bone marrow failure syndromes encompass a group of conditions in which the bone marrow fails to produce adequate amounts of blood cells. Our hospital provides comprehensive care for children with bone marrow failure, including close monitoring, supportive therapies, and, if necessary, bone marrow transplantation.
- Vascular Malformations:
In conjunction with our paediatric, dermatology, and surgical teams, we offer comprehensive care for children with vascular malformations. Our multidisciplinary approach ensures a holistic assessment and personalised treatment plans to address the specific needs of each patient.
When it comes to paediatric oncology, we recognize the challenges faced by families dealing with childhood cancer. At little stars & she, we are committed to offering comprehensive and compassionate care for children battling cancer. Our skilled team of paediatric oncologists, nurses, and support staff work tirelessly to provide the best possible outcomes for our young patients.
From the initial diagnosis to treatment and survivorship, we are with you every step of the way. We offer a multidisciplinary approach to paediatric oncology, employing advanced technologies and evidence-based therapies to tailor treatment plans for each child. Our aim is to not only treat cancer but also provide emotional support to the child and their family throughout the entire journey.
Conditions We Treat:
While the following list showcases some of the conditions we treat, please feel free to contact us regarding any concerns, even if they are not listed here.
– Acute lymphoblastic leukaemia
– Acute myeloid leukaemia
– Bone tumours
– Brain and spinal cord tumours
– Germ cell tumours
– Hodgkin lymphoma
– Kidney tumours
– Liver tumours
– Non-Hodgkin lymphoma
– Relapsed acute lymphoblastic leukaemia
– Spinal tumours
– Thyroid cancer
Our comprehensive care extends to infants, children, teenagers, and young adults with various blood disorders, including those not mentioned below.
Bone Marrow Failure Disorders:
– Aplastic anaemia
– Congenital amegakaryocytic thrombocytopenia
– Cyclic neutropenia
– Diamond-Blackfan anaemia (DBA)
– Dyskeratosis congenita (DKC)
– GATA2 deficiency
– Fanconi anaemia
– Severe congenital neutropenia (Kostmann disease)
– Shwachman-Diamond syndrome (SDS)
Bleeding and Blood Clotting Disorders:
– Hemostasis disorders
– Immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP)
– Platelet dysfunction
– Congenital or acquired thrombocytopenia
– Thrombophilia, including factor V Leiden and prothrombin 20210 gene variant-related problems
– Von Willebrand disease
Red Blood Cell Disorders:
– Autoimmune hemolytic anaemia
– Chronic anaemia
– G6PD deficiency
– Haemoglobin E or E beta thalassemia
– Hemolytic anaemia
– Hereditary spherocytosis
– Hypoproliferative anaemia
– Iron-deficiency anaemia
– Pyruvate kinase deficiency
– Sickle cell disease
– Thalassemia (alpha and beta types)
– Transient erythroblastopenia of childhood (TEC)
White Blood Cell Disorders:
– Langerhans cell histiocytosis
Why Choose little stars & she?
- Expertise: Our team of highly qualified paediatric haematologists and oncologists brings years of experience and specialised knowledge to provide top-notch care.
- Child-Centred Care: We understand that children require unique care and attention. Our hospital is designed with a child-friendly environment, ensuring a comforting and nurturing atmosphere.
- Advanced Facilities: little stars & she is equipped with state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment facilities to deliver the most accurate diagnoses and effective therapies for paediatrics haematology and oncology.
- Comprehensive Support: We offer a holistic approach to care, providing emotional support and resources for families throughout their journey, including counselling services, support groups, and educational materials.
- Collaborative Approach: Our team collaborates closely with other medical specialists, ensuring seamless coordination of care and comprehensive treatment plans.