At little stars & she, we understand the unique needs and concerns of our little patients when it comes to their kidney health. Our dedicated team of experienced paediatric nephrologists is committed to providing comprehensive and compassionate care, tailored specifically for children and adolescents.
Specialised Paediatric Nephrology Services
Our hospital offers a wide range of paediatric nephrology services to diagnose, treat, and manage various kidney conditions in children. Whether it’s a common condition such as urinary tract infections or more complex disorders like congenital kidney anomalies or kidney stones, our experts are equipped with the knowledge and expertise to deliver exceptional care.
little stars & she boasts state-of-the-art facilities that are designed to ensure the comfort and well-being of our young patients. Our child-friendly environment creates a warm and welcoming atmosphere, helping to alleviate any anxiety or fear your child may have during their visit. Our advanced medical technology and equipment enable us to provide accurate diagnoses and effective treatment plans.
Comprehensive Care Approach
At little stars & she, we believe in a holistic approach to paediatric nephrology care. Our services extend beyond diagnosis and treatment, focusing on long-term management and preventive measures. We work closely with our patients and their families to educate them about the condition, offer lifestyle recommendations, and provide ongoing support to ensure the best possible outcomes for your child.
Conditions We Treat
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI): Our experienced team is skilled in managing and treating acute kidney injury, a sudden and temporary loss of kidney function. We work diligently to identify the underlying cause and develop a personalised treatment plan to promote kidney recovery.
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD): We understand the challenges associated with chronic kidney disease in children. Our compassionate approach focuses on managing the disease, slowing its progression, and improving the quality of life for our young patients.
- Congenital Anomalies of the Kidneys and Urinary Tract: We have extensive experience in diagnosing and managing congenital abnormalities affecting the kidneys and urinary tract in children. Our team works closely with other specialists to provide comprehensive care and support for these complex conditions.
- Haematuria: Haematuria, the presence of blood in the urine, can be a concerning symptom. Our experts utilise advanced diagnostic techniques to identify the underlying cause of haematuria in children and develop appropriate treatment strategies.
- Haemolytic Uremic Syndrome in Children: We specialise in the diagnosis and management of haemolytic uremic syndrome, a condition characterised by the breakdown of red blood cells and kidney injury. Our goal is to provide prompt and effective treatment to minimise complications and promote recovery.
- Hypertension: High blood pressure in children can have serious implications for kidney health. Our paediatric nephrologists are skilled in diagnosing and managing hypertension, aiming to prevent kidney damage and maintain overall cardiovascular health.
- Kidney Stones in Children: Kidney stones can cause significant discomfort and complications in children. Our team is experienced in diagnosing and treating kidney stones, focusing on pain management, stone removal, and prevention strategies.
- Nephrotic Syndrome in Children: We specialise in the management of nephrotic syndrome, a condition characterised by the leakage of large amounts of protein into the urine. Our comprehensive approach aims to control symptoms, reduce complications, and optimise long-term kidney health.
- Paediatric Lupus: We provide specialised care for children with lupus nephritis, a kidney disorder associated with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). Our multidisciplinary team collaborates to develop tailored treatment plans that address both the kidney and systemic aspects of the disease.
- Polycystic Kidney Disease: Polycystic kidney disease is a genetic disorder characterised by the growth of fluid-filled cysts in the kidneys. Our team offers comprehensive care for children with this condition, focusing on symptom management, monitoring kidney function, and addressing complications.
- Protein in Urine (Proteinuria): Proteinuria, the presence of excessive protein in the urine, can indicate underlying kidney problems. Our experts conduct thorough evaluations to identify the cause of proteinuria and develop appropriate management strategies.
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI): We specialise in the diagnosis and treatment of urinary tract infections in children. Our goal is to promptly address the infection, prevent complications, and promote urinary tract health